Who we are
We are a collection of deeply flawed people who gather to worship a perfect God. Our goal is to glorify God in all that we do and that all who come here find authentic connection with Him and others.
Where we come from
The history of First Church goes back over 150 years in Grayson, KY. Back then, the church desired to be truly welcoming to everyone in the community, and that is still our desire today.
Where we're headed
What's the bottom line? More than ever, First Church is committed to fostering a family built around hope. Hope for the future. Hope for better. Hope for progress. Hope in Jesus. And as we move forward as a church family, Jesus' love, inclusion and belonging remain at the center of who we are as His followers.
What we believe
- We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament and New Testament are the inspired and infallible Word of God. God’s Word is the final authority for faith and life.
- We believe there is only one God, and He has chosen to reveal Himself as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe man was created in the image of God and the sin recorded in Genesis 3 marred that image, creating an eternal divide between God and man. As a result of the separation, we believe every person is born in sin.
- We believe the only way a person can have a true, forgiven relationship with God is through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary and conceived by the Holy Spirit. Jesus became man without ceasing to be God. Our right standing with God is made sure because of His literal, physical resurrection.
- We believe in the literal, physical return of Jesus to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe God offers eternal life as a free gift and that it must be received by faith alone through God’s grace alone. The life that comes from this gift is a permanent possession of the one receiving it.
- We believe the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of believers on mission to enlarge God’s kingdom. The local church is autonomous, free of any external authority of control.
- We believe believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two ordinances of the church.
What this means for you
What does this mean for you? Most importantly, you're always welcome at First Church. We're saving a seat for you. Wherever you're at in your faith journey, you'll always be welcomed at FCC.
Beyond that, if you're ready to plan your first visit, click here. If you want to learn more about our staff and ministries, click here. Or if you'd simply like to get in touch with a person on our lead team directly, click the button below.